PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kids are cute...

Today I finally met with the principal at the elementary school where I am now employed. While I was there, I toured the building, met an assortment of teachers and staff whose names I will not remember, got an ID badge, and learned a little more about what I'll be doing.

I saw my classroom, which I will share with one other Paraeducator, as we're called. I learned that I, unfortunately, do not look any older than the students from the high school who come over in the afternoons to tutor the kids.

I was introduced in a classroom by name, and all of the kids responded with a cheery, "Hiiiii, Mrs. Weedoooooon..." It was pretty darn cute. Made me feel old though, yes, even after finding out I look like a high school tutor.

While I was talking with the principal about some of the kids, and tools I'll need for disciplining them, he said, "well, do you have kids?" and I hesitated for a split second before answering "no." Truth is, I do, and you all know that... but I don't HAVE my kid... and I'll never have to discipline him, so for the purpose of my conversation with this man, my boss, who really doesn't know me very well yet... I just said no. I felt so crappy for saying no, like I'm not doing Brody justice, but what was I going to do? Spill the whole story right there in his office?

Anyway, back to the job, I think it's going to work out. I'm still not thrilled about the whole thing, but I'm beginning to feel more at peace with it. Now, what are they going to think when, hopefully within a month or two of starting my job, I find myself pregnant again?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics