Well... I think yesterday was probably one of the hardest things we'll ever have to go through. I feel blindsided.
About a week and a half ago, the baby stopped growing, so we lost him somewhere between then and yesterday.
I saw my doctor at 1:30 for the spotting and what-not, but she didn't seem worried at all, and mentioned she saw a small tear on my cervix that looked like the cause of the spotting... and then she used the Doppler to listen for the heartbeat and got nothing. So, it was over to the miniature ultrasound machine that they can use in the office... and no movement. Next, we went over to the hospital, where they had agreed to squeeze me in for an ultrasound... and waited from 2:30 until 5:30 to hear the news.
My next task is to talk with a doctor Monday morning about either waiting this out, or scheduling a D&C. I'm leaning toward the D&C simply because I don't want to just wait and see what happens... I feel like I'd be more miserable physically and mentally for a longer period of time, and that's the last thing either of us need.