PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I have a problem...

You're all nodding your heads, aren't you? I don't mean issues, I mean a problem.

Standing in Target the other day, I found myself compelled to share my opinion. There was a new mom, her tiny baby and baby's grandma... trying to decide which diaper wipes to buy.

"There are a bunch of clearanced wipes over there on a shelf," I directed. They happily went over to check out the wipes, so, mission accomplished.

But why? Why do I have to interject?? I did it last week too. As I steered my cart down the baby aisle at Albertson's, I spotted a man agonizing over the diaper rash remedies. He was holding two different tubes of A&D.

Before I could stop myself, I was next to him holding a tube of Boudreaux's Butt Paste and singing its praises. Unlike the nice ladies at Target, he wasn't quite so receptive. He felt compelled to tell me he had been sent for something specific, and with that, he would leave. Probably he thought his hormonally driven wife would have 'accidentally' hit him over the head with a frying pan if he returned with the wrong product. But even that guy left with the Butt Paste in hand...

I don't get it! Where did this side of me come from? Where has it been hiding??

It's like some sort of new mommy syndrome... and I could swear it only compells me to give unsolicited advice on baby goods.

Does anyone else suffer this, ehem, issue??

...or am I just swan-diving into the shallow end of the pool again?

9 comments:

The Mama said...

Until you're the creepy guy at WalMart asking the preggo lady about breastfeeding and circumcision, you're doing fine :)

natsirt said...

You also seem to have a problem with posting pictures of small children in their awesome designer clothing. Yeah I've graduated and don't start studying for the bar for a week, you are going to see a lot of these posts until I get my pictures. I'm that bored.

Shara said...

Hon I don't think you'll find many people complaining about being directed toward money or baby bottom saving solutions. Personally, were I a new mother, I'd love the help.

Heather said...

Oh I do the SAME thing! I embarrass myself all the time by doing that. Thankfully most people aren't annoyed and sound grateful but then again maybe they are trying to just get away from me as fast as possible before I give more unwanted advice. And to think I hated most of the advice I got while I was pregnant from perfect strangers, at least I'm not bugging the pregnant woman...yet!

Chelsi said...

Aha! That is Tristan, isn't it? I remember you telling me that he got Mr. C a "designer" outfit. Haha! I interjected in Michael's the other day when I overheard a couple debating whether to buy a cake topper or not. I just nicely let them know about Etsy is all. I mean, c'mon I saved them the dreaded cookie cutter wedding topper available at said store. I'm sure you'd never of guessed me to be the interjecting type... :0)

Unknown said...

Telling people what product works best and where to find things on sale isn't a bad thing.
When you start telling people how to raise their children, then you have a problem. ;)

Jenn & Noah said...

I totally walk in your shoes too! =)

Becca said...

I think it must come with the mommy-hat you're wearing. Wait until you have more than one in tow. Then people walk up to you and ask you--you don't even have to offer the advice. :)

Unknown said...

I do it too! I think it's that it's nice to talk to someone who can talk to you too.

 
Clicky Web Analytics