PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh the misery...

Little man went in for his circumcision* today. He survived. Daddy survived. I cried. A lot.

My internal mama-bear was clawing her way out as they strapped him to the table and got him ready for the, ahem, *procedure.* At that point, I politely declined the opportunity to stay in the room, as did Ryan. (Who am I kidding? I was practically running out the door.. there was nothing polite about it. and I don't run.)

All is well now, and he's snoring (yes, baby snores...) in his crib as I write. With a little luck, the first diaper change will go equally well and we won't be too mortified by what we see upon un-sticking those little yellow tabs.

I've got the Vaseline and baby Tylenol ready.

Oh! and some good news? We weighed him while we were there... seven pounds, three ounces! Yippeeee! The doctor gave us the go-ahead to let him sleep during the night instead of waking him regularly to eat. We'll see, come Monday, if he is still gaining adequately.

...and! He sort of fits his newborn clothes now! I almost cried (again) this morning when I tried a newborn size onesie on him and he wasn't able to squirm out of it. Our little guy is growing like a weed(on)!




*if you aren't pro-circ., please don't make me (us) feel bad for having it done... got it? good. and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

8 comments:

{:miss v:} said...

We had Evan circumcised as well and I didn't go with the doctor for the procedure. I couldn't do that! It does look awful for the first few days but within a week or so it's all good!

Shara said...

Charlie and Sandy freaked out the first time they changed Brett's diaper after that whole thing. It seems like an appropriate parental freak out moment to me! Poor little guy. Hope he heals quickly.

Tori said...

Ummmmm.....

Congrats on the weight gain!

Tori can post later....I'm missing my family

Tori said...

And you know for a fact we wll not pass judgement one way or other... Can You tell I miss my family

Ashley said...

Christina
We had Sean circumsised and they did it in the hospital...I didn't even know when they did it...they just took him to the nursery for the dr to check and thats when they did it...then they gave him back to me and told me...i am sooo glad I didn't know they were doing it then or I would have been freaking like you! Beware of that first diaper change...exspecially when you have to take the stuff off! Its not pretty! and I was FREAKING becasue Sean's tabs were stuff to *him* I just had to keep putting water on it and pulling it slowly!! It was scary! But now its perfectly fine!

Ashley said...

**meant stuck to him**

Jessica said...

We had the doctor take both Eli & Chase out of the room when he circ'd them...no way could I watch that! They both came back in like 10 minutes and were as happy as you can be at 3-5 days old. :) Made me feel so much better...

Unknown said...

Good to know the procedure went well and he's gaining weight! Yay! I totally cried when Lily outgrew her preemie clothes. lol
As far as circs... It's just a few days of discomfort.. and a lifetime of better hygiene! I hope no one gives you a hard time about it... just do what is best for you and Camden, and don't worry about what they think!! ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics