PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

In case you think I've forgotten...

...I haven't! I've had a couple of requests for help and a "where to get started" post about using coupons and what-not. My time seems to just slip through my fingers lately, but I'm stealing moments here and there to eventually put something together. Today, I will leave you with two things:

ONE. A short list of websites I have found helpful while I begin this adventure... there will be many more to come.

My absolute favorite site is Money Saving Mom, because she updates almost daily and does a lot of the work for you! Be sure to read the stuff on the left, under "Beginners Start Here."

I also like Hot Coupon World, although I initially found their site somewhat difficult to navigate. It wasn't until I joined the forum, and then spent a good hour perusing the different sections that I really got a feel for HOW the site works. Now, it's a useful tool.

TWO. Record of my shopping trip to Safeway today...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mind you, this was more of a "stock-up" trip than anything else... but still stuff we'll use. I'm totally hooked on sugary cereals at the moment (I blame the baby!) so I couldn't pass up the chance to get SIX boxes of cereal for around five bucks. Other highlights include four boxes of Nature Valley bars for about $3.50, three pounds of bacon (I'll freeze a big chunk of it) for $5.74, two brownie mixes for about $0.40 each, free raspberries--the blueberries were $8.99, add the free raspberries and that's not too shabby for a girl who craves fruit, and two jars of Ragu spaghetti sauce for $1.00 each.

Happy shopping, friends! There will be more to come soon...

2 comments:

Swampgirl said...

You are really getting the hang of it! I stocked up on Bounty and Charmin this week - we're good for 4-6 months! :) Start looking at the Pampers and Huggies coupons -you will go through tons of those soon!

Christina Weedon said...

I've got some diaper, lotion and wipe coupons already stashed away... lol!!

It'll be fun to start buying those things... :o)

 
Clicky Web Analytics