PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 14, 2008

Speaking of Germy Kids...

Today a student walked up to me, held out his hand so I could see an infected, swollen looking "owie," and said, "look at THIS!"

Pushing is hand closer and closer to my face, he explained that this afternoon he "gets" to go to the hospital for some more medicine because he's got a Staph Infection... "uhh... excuse me?!"

So, the principal just happens to be walking by... I grabbed him by the arm and stuffed him in to my classroom before anyone else could steal his attention away, and asked if he's aware of this situation. We sent Johnny-Germy to the nurse for a band-aid, closed up shop, and disinfected every surface imaginable.

Gross, gross, gross!!

6 comments:

thepetersens said...

You gotta love the germy kids! They love showing off their nastiness sometimes! I had a girl show me how double jointed she was the other day and I thought I was going to puke!

CSI Seattle said...

Like a badge of honor, kids do love their injuries (or infections). I just hope he wasn't going around kissing any toilet seats or other areas that might have been missed during the disinfecting process.

Maggie said...

oh my gosh! my sister got a staph infection last month! it's really scary and dangerous! so, are you a teacher?

Swampgirl said...

Thanks for stopping by the swamp! I am proof that dreams come true! I was so much in your shoes -almost 30 years ago!! Seems like yesterday! My husband and I have the theme song "Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. Let's hope your road is smoother than mine was. Surround yourself with supportive, positive people and a lot of prayer! Germy kids...bring them on...I think being in education builds up your immunities!!!! Lynn

Christina Weedon said...

Maggie,

I work as a Paraeducator... I deal mostly with the bratty kids all day in our "Solution Room," also known as the room where teachers send the kids they don't want to deal with.

I also do some math tutoring... and other various bits and bobbles as they come.

I actually have thought about getting a teaching certificate, because clearly I'm not using the education I paid (um, AM paying for... still) so much $$ for, but that's another can of worms. No point in more student loans if all I really want is to be a SAHM, right?

Maggie said...

hey friend! my email is maggieadkins@gmail.com if you ever want to talk more about baby stuff (not in the comments, ya know?) i soooo know where you are and it's so hard.

 
Clicky Web Analytics