PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 31, 2007

Adios, 2007!

Well, here I am, at the end of 2007. Quite possibly, no, scratch that, definitely the hardest year of my life so far. I’d be lying if I said I was sad to see the year come to an end… in reality, I’m quite happy about a chance to “start fresh” with a new year. If that’s possible.

Because, once again, I’m not feeling very graceful with my words this evening, I’ll make a list as a last resort. Things that were GOOD and things that were BAD in 2007… here we go.

Things that were Good:
• Ryan graduated from college.
• We left our college town behind and moved closer to family.
• We found out we were expecting.
• I became a mother!
• Ryan became a father!
• Although he doesn’t like it much, Ryan got a job with great benefits and what-not, and it pays our bills.

Things that were Bad:
• We lost our precious Brody.
• We left our college town behind and moved closer to family.
• I became a mother to a child I will never have here with me.
• Ryan became a father to a child he will never have here with him.

Mind you, this list could go on for miles and miles, but these are some of the highlights.

I’m sad tonight. No specific reason really, just sad. We bought the ingredients to make champagne cocktails, and pregnant me wouldn’t be allowed to have one. Lost Her Baby me is allowed to have one… hell, FIVE if I want. I don’t want any. I’d trade every alcoholic beverage in the world if it would bring my Brody back to me. I’m just… sad.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics