PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rice... for breakfast?

Certainly! A girl has to get creative, y'know!

So this morning, I pulled the leftover dinner rice from the fridge and put this together:

Breakfast Rice

I warmed a couple of cups of (brown, pre-cooked) rice on the stove in some almond milk.

Next, I mixed in nearly a whole diced apple, a few good shakes of cinnamon (I love cinnamon! use a lighter hand if you don't love it as much as me.), a sprinkle of salt, and some agave nectar to taste.

Breafast Rice

I love hot breakfast cereals, but most of them aren't something I'm able to eat any longer. Yes, there are gluten-free oats available, but I haven't gotten brave enough to try them yet. I understand there are some people who still cannot tolerate them. All this to say, I'm glad I gave my idea a try! It was warm and filling, and I loved the texture. Yum!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics