PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why Ryan Makes Me Laugh, Reason #296

Three nights ago, somewhere in the wee hours of the morning, I woke up out of a dead sleep to a crash!, *thump* and a splash. Even in my stupor, I knew it was something cat-related.

Camden shot straight up in bed. "Stheee! Sthee!!" He pointed.

Ryan snored.

I poked at him.

He hadn't heard the noise, but surprisingly followed my directions to "...find the spill and clean it up while I get Camden back to sleep."

As he walked away, I cuddled Camden in my arms and quieted him back down. And then Ryan came back to get into bed. Not even a full 60 seconds after leaving.

When I asked him if he'd gotten all of the water sopped up, he said, "...some of it..." and proceeded to climb back into bed.

When I explained to him that he'd need to clean up the entire spill, he looked at me like I'd just sawed off his right arm and handed it back to him. Horrified, he slumped out of bed, stomped to the spill location and proceeded to SLAM things around, grumbling and griping the entire time.

No--I'm not kidding.

Why am I telling you this?

You'll see.


Still griping, he stomped back over to the bed and huffed the weight of his body back into the sheets.

(Camden is completely awake at this point and still exclaiming, "Stheee!" and now "dada!! dada!!")

"What is your problem??" I shrieked. (Being nice is not my forte at three o'clock in the morning.)

His reply?

This is good.

"We'll discuss that LATER." and he huffed and puffed again, rolled in the opposite direction and started to snore.

Me? Well. Once Camden finally went back to sleep, I was left to lay there and ponder exactly what it was I had 'done' and why he was so darned crabby with me. I was not a happy camper.

The next morning, because he'd gone to work before we got up, I sent Ryan a text.

"Soooo... do I get to find out why you were so mad last night?"

His reply?

This is also good.

"huh?"

We exchanged a couple of messages after that one, where it was decided he'd been asleep for the entire duration of our 'fight' and had no recollection of the incident. He didn't even remember cleaning up a spilled glass of water.

I still don't believe these exchanges could possibly be normal... could they??

4 comments:

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

That is hilarious. It sounds like a conversation I would have with my hubby. He's a deep sleeper too.

Melissa said...

Hi there! I just stopped by to tell you that I have an award for you at my blog!... http://melner.blogspot.com/2010/01/award.html

Beka's Blog said...

My husband snores like a freight train and sleeps so heavily that he often doesn't remember things either. One time when I had turned him over he got really mad at me and asked me why I was slapping him! Of course he didn't remember either!!! These men are too funny!

Oka said...

sawy lurking through blogs, and loved this story because it has to be true

have you come across this blog...
http://sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com/

 
Clicky Web Analytics