PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 31, 2009

Oops.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This might contradict what I was saying the other day about unfinished projects, but when I get an idea in my head, and I'm excited about that idea, I have a tendency to shove everything else to the back burner until I've finished my mission. You know... unimportant things. Like the bills, grocery shopping, blogging... er. um.

Anyway. I cut out 80 6.5-inch flannel squares on Saturday. I had a decent stash of kid-prints and solid colors going, and I wanted to put them all to good use. I also wanted to make a new blanket for Camden.

Yesterday, I sewed all 80 squares into a quilt top. I ironed, I snipped threads, I pinned and I stitched. All afternoon.

Today, I went off in search of the backing, and found a spunky, sports-themed bed sheet. The perfect back for a quilt, as there are no seams required! Yippeee!!

I washed, I sewed, and I pinned some more.

Tomorrow, the finishing touches where sewing is concerned... and then I've got a date with a big, fat needle and some embroidery floss. I'm going to tie the quilt as opposed to, well, quilting it.

Does that mean I'm making a tie?

Pictures to follow.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics