PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, December 19, 2008

Ooooh Christmas Tree...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our tree is our only Christmas decoration this year. Face it people--living in less than 500 square feet doesn't really lend itself to an extravagant Christmas!! But I'm ok with that.

Why? Because simplicity is the name of the game this year, and our little, simple tree is enough for me! That... and I've sorta been busy lately.

Anyway, looking at our little cutie tree, I decided it was time for a question or two for YOU... so tell me...

Have you simplified Christmas this year? What have you done to simplify? and, do you feel good about your decision to slim down a bit? If you haven't cut back, don't feel left out... just tell me your favorite part of Christmas... or something!

3 comments:

Jenn & Noah said...

yes, we are a little behind on Christmas this year and were not as anxious to put up ALL the decos etc. this year but I think that is only because having an infant really changes things! For one, there is much less time for things like that, and two, because you realize there is so much more to life than you thought before and more important things... that's my opinion though. However, don't get me wrong I still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Christmas season! I still only watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music, etc. A baby can't change EVERYTHING about me! Ha!

Jen said...

We definitely cut down on the spending this year, but I am afraid I can NEVER cut down on the decorating. I have 12 Rubbermaid bins of Christmas decor. I know...it is very sad. But I have collected it over the years when I can get it super cheap after the holidays. Then every year I get to put up something new! Also, I worked for Pier 1 Imports for 6 years while I was in college and grad school so needless to say, I developed quite a collection then :-) Man I miss that discount! Your tree is bootiful by the way :-)

Shara said...

When I was 15 mom broke her ankle at Christmas time. Not only did that make me her personal driver, but also the Christmas decorator. I have since then always been very simple with my holiday decor. It's a lot of work!! I do put out a tree and a small nativity set, but not too much else. Fortunately people are still used to be being broke all the time so no one expects much for gifts. I also limit my gift giving to family for simplicities sake. It's wonderful to do something with friends, but I'd rather spend time than do gifts. My 2 cents. How do your cats do with the tree? Mine LOVES it...much to my dismay. Least he's too big to climb it anymore.

 
Clicky Web Analytics